Soulbringer's GP4 blog: F1 2022

03 januari 2022

F1 2022

 Few months only, until next f1 season starts again and I just couldn't not explore new regulations.

Even though I do not like the look of new cars, and maybe just because of that I started to shape one of them.

I was in the middle of finishing Red Bull RB16b and it came natural I guess as continuation in back of my mind to shape new 2022 Red Bull. For side pods I took inspiration from Adrian Newey's previous work at McLaren, for I imagine designers often reuse some of older ideas for their new cars. air intake was much larger and extended lower down initially. I later changed that having air flow to the back of the car in mind. Continuing on the front end it was same basic Idea there, Mp4-18 and Mp4-19 McLaren was inspiration. Until it came down to tip of the nose. FIA's model had this wide bulky looking nose which I did not like at all, but I had to come up with something similar. Since it started narrow and got wider in the end the nose resembles a lot the one Mercedes had on their cars since 2018 i think. Issue was I did not want to shape Mercedes, at all!

So I did some changes and decided it was McLaren in the end.

Still early work in progress

2 kommentarer:

  1. Woah!! To be honest... this render car looks so sexy! I wish the real ones to look similar than this. I didn't like the wide bulky nose too, also the rear wing by the FIA. Your's looks way far better.

    I'm always impressed of your talent, Soulbringer. Thank you for this, it's a pleasure for the eyes... even if the 2022 regulations doesn't look too beautiful, comparing to older (or classic) cars.

    Happy new year 2022,
    - Sudden

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you, you're very kind probably more then I deserve.
    Yeah I think aswell, it is slight improvement (visual) but I'm afraid things we see as improvement such as rear wing aren't following regulations guidelines. Still one can hope, right.

    Happy new year.

    SvaraRadera